Thursday, September 6, 2007

September 6, 2007


Barbara Sher calls people who can never decide what they want to do when they grow up, "Scanners." And I think that probably describes me to a T. I started college way back in 1985 and unfortunately did not really have any guidance. I have taken classes here and there over the last 22 years and will finally graduate from HCCC in December with my associate's. I managed a photo agency for most of the past 19 years and would still be there if the company hadn't been sold and dismantled. However, it all worked out for the best. I am the marketing coordinator for Oneonta Auxiliary Services at SUNY Oneonta and love my job. There is a lot to learn and the people I work with are great. I try to keep the OAS website updated as well as other marketing duties. I also work with my cousin on her destination wedding website as well as write newsletters and articles for her.I would like to run my own business one day. My husband currently works for a solar power installation business and we talk about starting our own alternative energy business. Or perhaps I will get back into the photo industry. My interests include soap making, cooking (upon occasion), reading, traveling and reading about traveling. I have a large family- 3 sisters and a brother with six nieces and nephews on my side (and one on the way) and five nieces and nephews and 5 great-nieces and nephews on my husband's side. I have been married to Rob for 19 years. We live with two very spoiled cats and one very spoiled dog. The photo above is of Koko, our spoiled lab/chow mutt.



No comments: